What to Look For When Buying a Pedal Go-Kart
Monday, 29th April 2013
Go-Karts. This wonder of an invention provides pure active four-wheeled fun for children and even the odd adult. Suffice it to say, the pedal go-kart truly has stood the test of time and is still a firm family favourite. With today’s advancements, you can buy one online and get it delivered straight to your door with little fuss and cost. However, this is a dangerous route to take if you are not well equipped with the relevant knowledge and if you are not careful, you could become a victim of being sold an inferior pedal go-kart. Here in this blog post is a mini pointer guide that will hopefully help you when it comes to buying a pedal go kart.
Price is possibly the main key factor when buying a go-kart online. However as with most things, if a pedal go-kart seems remarkably cheap then it is more often than not because it is a poorly made one. If it is very cheap then it is highly likely to have been poorly manufactured using inferior parts thus significantly reducing the life of the go-kart. Cheap and poorly made go-karts will often fail further down the line leaving you unstuck with an unusable product. We understand the appeal of products with attractively low pricing but when it comes to pedal go-karts it definitely is worth paying that little bit more for a go-kart that will last a lifetime.
Here are some of the main things you should consider when buying a go-kart:
- Warranty- You should look for a go-kart that comes with a lengthy warranty. Most reputable manufacturers will provide a long warranty as a standard. This gives you peace of mind for when those inevitable bumps & scrapes occur when those little ones are racing around. It also can be a good indicator whether the manufacturer has faith in the product or not.
- Spare Parts- You should check that the go-kart has spare parts available. If further on down the line a component breaks, it is always good to know that you can replace that part and get your go-kart back up and running again. If there are little or no spare parts available for your go kart, then this could mean the end of your go-kart if it does break.
- Consider buying from an established brand - A good solid reputation usually means the company has a good knowledge in the go-kart industry and this usually translates into a better go-kart. An established brand is much more likely to be in business later on down the line when you may need a spare part or advice.
- Safety certificates- You should make sure a go-kart has all the necessary safety certificates and CE markings. Safety should always be considered and never overlooked in favour for a low seemingly appealing price.
- Consider go karts that can be enhanced later on down the line- Adding attachments to a go-kart is a good way of keeping it fresh and fun for children (and adults too!). It is always good to know that a go-kart can be enhanced later on if needs be.
- Ability to easily adjust the go-kart- Go Karts should have the ability to be adjusted to suit the user e.g. with adjustable seats, pedals etc. This will ensure the go kart can still be used when children go through a growth spurt for example. Having an adjustable go kart will also allow adults to join in on the fun too- yes there will always come the time when the ‘grown-ups’ want a go on the go-kart!
- Finally the go-kart should be lots and lots of FUN!
Berg Go Karts
One go-kart manufacturer that ticks all these boxes and truly stands out from the rest is Berg Toys. Berg has become one of the main go-kart experts in the industry and continues to produce go karts that are both innovative and fun for children. It’s taken Berg more than 25 years to produce the go-karts of today and that is why they are one of the industry leaders in terms of go-Kart design and production. Berg go-karts are sold in more than 56 countries worldwide making them one of the most recognised brands around.
One of the things that make Berg Go Karts so great is the fact that they vigorously test all their go karts during the development phase to ensure supreme durability. Safety is also a huge factor that is never over looked at Berg Toys, they believe that parents should allow their children to play freely with their toys without having to worry about their safety. Berg go karts undergo safety testing by independent testing bodies in Europe, such as TUV and SGS which is why ALL Berg Go Karts display the CE mark for toy safety.
Go-karts capture what is great about being a child and if the proper reseach is done before you buy one, it will provide years & years of fun for all the family. Let’s all enjoy some pedal go kart fun this summer!